Date: Saturday November 5, 2022
Event Schedule: Check-in: 5:30 p.m. | Ceremony: 6:15 p.m. | Walk: 6:30 p.m. | Route Length: 1 mile
Event Location: ZooTampa at Saunders Pavilion | 1101 W Sligh Ave| Tampa, FL 33604
United - Together - Powerful
Join us IN-PERSON for the Walk to End Lupus Now!
We’re so excited to be back in-person this year with our first in-person walk since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic! Supporting health and safety during Walk Day is incredibly important, so we wanted to share the protocols we’ve put in place for the 2022 Fall Walk to End Lupus Now, Tampa for a health-safe walk environment.
What we are doing to support a health-safe walk environment:
• Hand sanitizer available for use in all tent areas
• Extra masks available at check-in and t-shirt tent
• Additional spacing between team and vendor tents
• Expanded and/or additional registration/donation drop-off area
• No face painting in Kid Zone
• Volunteers required to wear masks in high-traffic areas such as check-in, refreshments and t-shirt pickup. All volunteers should know the symptoms of COVID-19 and be advised to check themselves for signs (including fever, cough, headache, body aches, loss of sense of taste and smell), and stay home if they are sick.
How to avoid the crowds on Walk-Day:
• Register yourself and your team members in advance online
• Mail donations in advance or after Walk Day by completing the offline donation form and mailing here:
Lupus Foundation of America, Southeast Region
2300 High Ridge Rd Suite 375
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
• Print and fill out your “Why I Walk Sign” in advance and bring it with you to the Walk
• Earned your Walk t-shirt or Trailblazer Medal? Prize pick up will be at our registration tent, which we will provide additional spacing.
• Don’t feel comfortable attending in person? Register for this event, so you can still earn your incentive prizes, and then rock your purple and walk in your neighborhood or local community. Then join all walk participants from across the country on Thursday November 17th for our National Virtual Walk Celebration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
How it works
Register. Sign-up yourself or your team today.
Fundraise. We provide you with all the tools you need to fundraise for lupus research, support and education services all while earning awesome incentives along the way.
Spread the Word. Invite friends, family and coworkers to join your team and fundraise!
Walk and Participate. Join us as we unite as one lupus community.
Earn Prizes. Walk day prizes, below.
Teams who collectively raise $2,500 or more by Friday, October 28th will have a team tent to gather at on walk day.
Teams who collectively raise $1,000 or more by Friday, October 28th will receive a special team sign with your team name.
More Prizes After Walk Day. Fundraising deadline for these prizes are 4 weeks post walk weekend. You'll receive an email to redeem your prize.
Make sure you join our West Florida Facebook Group! This is a great way to stay up to date on resources, updates from the LFA, and to connect with other Lupus Warriors in your own community.
Download the Walk to End Lupus Now Mobile Application