...and YOU definitely are!!!
Imagine a day when doctors can say, "There is a cure for lupus". Until then, we are taking action in the fight against lupus! We will participate in the Lupus Foundation of America's Walk to End Lupus Now® to raise critical funds for Breonna and the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
You can help us support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus in one or BOTH ways:
- Join our team and help us reach our fundraising goal - we have so much fun at the walk and would love it if you'd join us!
- You can also support by making a secure contribution. Click "Donate Now" in the right navigation pane. A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact. (Your company/employer may also have a gift matching program.) Every single dollar counts!
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thanks for taking the time to read our page.