Hi there! I am joining thousands of people across the country for the Walk to End Lupus Now® in Los Angeles. I hope that you will join me either by joining my team to walk or donating to help me reach my personal fundraising goal.
Where: LA LIVE
Date: Saturday 9/30
Check-in: 4:00 p.m.
Ceremony: 6:00 p.m.
Walk: 6:30 p.m.
You can make a difference by support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus! A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact.
If your employer offers a Matching Gift Program to employees, you may be able to double your contribution with just a little bit of paperwork.
Did you know?
Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
My personal story
I've experienced everything from:
* Going through chemotherapy to save my kidneys
* Losing my ability to walk and having to relearn
* Almost going blind from the CMV virus in my eye (the eye injection treatment left a scar in my left eye, resulting in me seeing spots permanently)
* Damage to my liver and other major organs
* Hospitalizations several times for blood and other types of infections
* Other treatments, including Cardiac catheterization for my heart
* Temporary hearing loss, speech issues, hair loss
* Internal bleeding
* Joint pain
* Brain fog, fatigue, dizziness, skin rashes, etc.
Lupus is hard to diagnose, but the Lupus Foundation of America is working to make life easier and more comfortable for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States. Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!