I’m Naruto Running to End Lupus. Join Me, Friend?
Imagine a day when doctors can say, “There is a cure for lupus.” Until that day though, there is work to be done. That’s why I’m taking action in the fight against lupus. Join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now® to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Like many, my sister Corinne has lupus - specifically, systemic lupus erythematosus or SLE for short. She's been dealing with SLE since she was merely nine years old and has struggled with it ever since. While she's very much a happy person, there's no denying her fatigue in dealing with flare ups and other effects from having this autoimmune disease. She's ultimately a strong person for persevering through this hardship of hers, and I commend her for it.
To improve the quality of life for Corinne and other people affected by lupus, consider making a donation to help me reach my personal fundraising goal and supporting the Foundation's efforts. Any donation helps! What’s more, if your employer offers a Matching Gift Program to employees, you may be able to double your contribution with just a little bit of paperwork. Trust me, it’s worth the effort! Every single dollar counts.
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
- It's super cool to donate in the fight to absolutely decimate lupus.
Together, the Scooby Gang can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity! :D