One day I would like to say, “ I USED to have Lupus..”
Join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now with team RAUX-STARS® to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States including myself! Your donation would really help in finding a cure for this mysterious disease :)
WHAT IS LUPUS?
lupus is an autoimmune disease which means my body hates itself so much it just attacks itself.
i was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in November of 2018. This diagnosis was a result of 5 weeks of nonstop fevers, mouth sores, facial rashes, extreme fatigue, major weight loss, sensitivity to light, and from not having any energy to even walk to any of my classes at school. This diseases provides me with new challenges everyday, and it’s often hard to plan things, because so many new symptoms just come and go at any time of the day.
Some people think i fake being sick, but in reality, i’m really just faking being well
I am doing this walk in order to help find a cure for this mysterious disease. no one knows for sure how a single person may get it, or how to cure the disease.
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
- A person who has Lupus may not necessarily look “sick”
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!