Welcome, Family & Friends!
My seemingly invincible daughter Malaya was diagnosed with Lupus shortly after Thanksgiving 2018. Although Malaya might experience occasional pain and fatigue, you would never know it because Malaya continues to be her strong, positive, and vibrant self—you would think she is Supergirl! This disease isn't going to ruin her day or slow her down. Malaya has formed a team to raise money to fight Lupus and to ultimately find its cure. Please support Malaya by making a contribution today to the Lupus Foundation of America.
What is Lupus?
Lupus is a systemic autoimmune disease that occurs when the body's immune system attacks its own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems—including the joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart and lungs.
We're Walking to End Lupus. Please Join Us.
Click "JOIN NATALIA'S TEAM" to participate in the virtual event with me, my daughter, and her Papaya Power! teammates on October 16, 2021. If you aren't able to attend, you can click "DONATE NOW" to make a tax-deductible contribution to the Lupus Foundation of America.
Virtual Event: October 16, 2021
Check-in: 9:00 a.m.
Ceremony: 10:00 a.m.
Help Me and Papaya Power Reach Our Fundraising Goals.
Imagine a day when doctors can say, "There is a cure for lupus." Until that day though, there is work to be done. That's why we are taking action in the fight against lupus. Join us as we participate in the Lupus Foundation of America's Walk to End Lupus Now® to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you join our team and help us reach our fundraising goal? You’ll be supporting the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus. You can also support by making a secure contribution on our walk page. Every single dollar counts!
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Join our team today and support our efforts!
- Natalia Gaerlan and the Gaerlan Family