My name is Jenni Sorokin, I was diagnosed with lupus in 2017. My journey has been a roller coaster to say the least. As I continue to stay strong for myself and other Lupus Warriors I will continue to walk for not only myself, but for others battling this disease, and those who we have lost.
I have been volunteering with the Lupus Foundation of America - Southern Califorina Region for 6 years. My work for them includes Fundraising for our annual Walk to End Lupus Now. I recently became an ambassador for the Lupus Foundation Of American and look forward to educating and providing resources to others. I hold the Lupus Community close to my heart.
“Imagine a day when doctors can say, “There is a cure for lupus.” Until that day though, there is work to be done. That’s why I’m taking action in the fight against lupus. Join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now®“
Some Important Things To Know About Lupus
- “There is no cure for Lupus”
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Lupus is hard to diagnose, but the Lupus Foundation of America is working to make life easier and more comfortable for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United
Date: Saturday September 24, 2022
Location: LA Live 800 Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles
Time: 4pm Check In; 6pm Openning Ceremony; 6:30pm Walk