Hi friends and Team PCJMJ Supporters -
We are so proud to support the LFA for the 12th year!
Our family is all to familiar with the effects of Lupus. We lost my cousin Jervonya M. Jones (JMJ) to the disease in 2011. And just last year her little sister Phylicia Charisse Jones (PCJ) passed away.
My family and I are continuing to advance the cause of finding a cure for Lupus. Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease — that means that the immune system is dysfunctional and attacks one's healthy tissue. This can make the immune system less effective at fighting infections. As a result, people with Lupus are less able to fight off bacteria and viruses, even COVID-19.
The Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) is still trying to make a difference and Team PCJMJ is right there with them helping raise awareness and raise money to fund critical research.
Did you know Lupus is two to three times more prevalent among women of color than among Caucasian women? Recent research indicates that lupus affects 1 in 537 young African American women.
In support of this cause and to make the future for Lupus brighter, please shine some light on this cause by making a donation to Team PCJMJ so we can continue this fight.
Three ways you can support Team PVJMJ:
1. Make a donation above by clicking the DONATE button
2. Be a part of Team PCJMJ by joining our team, click on JOIN CHESSON'S TEAM button above.
3. Join us at one of our events: stay tuned for details!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
XO - CHESSON
"You have to have faith not just when miracles happen, but when they don't." - Unknown
I'm Walking to End Lupus. Join Me?
Imagine a day when doctors can say, "There is a cure for lupus." Until that day though, there is work to be done. That's why I'm taking action in the fight against lupus. Join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America's Walk to End Lupus Now(tm) in San Francisco to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you make a donation to help me reach my personal fundraising goal and support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus? A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact. What's more, if your employer offers a Matching Gift Program to employees, you may be able to double your contribution with just a little bit of paperwork. Trust me, it's worth the effort! Every single dollar counts.
Did you know?
* Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
* Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
* While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
* Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!