Team JMJ Supporters!
Another year, and we are still here! We can't believe it, but this is year 6! It is our strength, courage, and persistence that keeps us going to spread awareness about Lupus and finding a cure.
We are kicking off our fundraising to raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America and to represent our loved one, Jervonya Monique Jones! 2019 was a successful year for us, we raised over $15,000+ and we were the #1 team in San Francisco. This year we are aiming to do it again - and then some! Whether you are a Team JMJ Donor or a potential new Donor, learn why this means so much to us.
Lupus took a loved one from Us: In July 2011, Lupus took someone very special from us. Jervonya M. Jones was a daughter, sister, mother, auntie, and friend. She gives us the inspiration to live life and represent her spirit as Team JMJ every day.
We're Taking Steps in the Right Direction:
Each year, Team JMJ participates in the Walk to End Lupus Now(tm) event in San Francisco, CA. We've been a top team five years in a row and we aim to do the same on Sunday, October 26, 2019.
Lupus is a Mystery and We Need to Solve it!: Did you know 1.5 million Americans and 5 million people worldwide have lupus? Whether you know it or not, someone you know has lupus. We encourage you to "know lupus" because yes, knowledge is power! Test your knowledge: http://www.knowlupus.org/.
Three ways you can support Team JMJ:
1. Make a donation above by clicking the DONATE button
2. Be a part of Team JMJ by joining our team, click on JOIN CHESSON'S TEAM button above.
3. Join us at one of our events: stay tuned for details!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
XO - CHESSON
"You have to have faith not just when miracles happen, but when they don't." - Unknown
I'm Walking to End Lupus. Join Me?
Imagine a day when doctors can say, "There is a cure for lupus." Until that day though, there is work to be done. That's why I'm taking action in the fight against lupus. Join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America's Walk to End Lupus Now(tm) in [city] to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you make a donation to help me reach my personal fundraising goal and support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus? A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact. What's more, if your employer offers a Matching Gift Program to employees, you may be able to double your contribution with just a little bit of paperwork. Trust me, it's worth the effort! Every single dollar counts.
Did you know?
* Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
* Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
* While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
* Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!