I Am Walking to End Lupus. Join Me?
Welcome to my fundraising page! Let’s make this year the best one yet! Please help us reach our team goal of $5,000! I was diagnosed with lupus in 2005 when I was 15 years old. Walk to End Lupus Now™ is an opportunity for people with lupus and their loved ones to come together and support each other. Join our team and help us raise money so we can fight lupus together!
The 2019 Walk to End Lupus
When: Sunday, May 5
Where: Al Lopez Park
Why: Increase awareness, raise money for research/drugs, & provide emotional support to those living with lupus.
How You Can Help
1. Donate today! You can make a secure contribution by clicking the ‘Donate Now’ link to the right. Any amount helps. Your donation will help the Lupus Foundation of America’s commitment to raise awareness, research new drugs, research for a cure, and improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus. We're shooting for $5,000 this year!
2. Join our team! You don’t have to live in Tampa to join. And you are not required to walk, although we’d love to have you join us on May 5. If you are unable to join us in Tampa, register for our team as a Virtual Walker! You can support our team and help combat this disease no matter your location!
3. Spread the Word! 1.5 million people live with lupus in the United States. However, there is little awareness and it is difficult to diagnose. Please spread the word and help us change that for good!
Why We Walk
‘CRUZin for a Cure’ is all about bringing together our family & friends in an effort to raise money for a great cause--and have a GREAT time in the process! We would love to have you join our team and walk with us on Sunday, May 5 at Al Lopez Park. Join us as we participate in the Tampa event to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you make a donation to help me reach my personal fundraising goal and support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus? A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact.
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease.
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!