WELCOME TO OUR TEAM FUNDRAISING PAGE!
IF YOU LIVE OUT OF STATE YOU CAN BE A VIRTUAL WALKER!
Our goal is to get to a point when doctors can say, "There is a cure for lupus". Until that day though, there is much work to be done! That's why we are taking action as a team in the fight against lupus. Join us as we participate in the Lupus Foundation of America's Walk to End Lupus Now® to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Will you join our team and help us reach our fundraising goal? You’ll be supporting the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus. You can also support by making a secure contribution on our walk page. Every single dollar counts!
Did you know?
• A 2018 study out of UCLA has revealed that Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a leading cause of death among young women.
• THERE IS CURRENTLY NO CURE FOR LUPUS
• Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently.
• Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
• While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
• Only one drug has ever been developed and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration specifically to treat the disease and it is NOT a cure!
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus.
Join our team today and support our efforts!