WALK TO END LUPUS NOW CT-NORWALK
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2019
2:00 pm - On site registration and
tents open, musical entertainment by DJ Danny of Lights Camera DJs, face painting by Nicole Sikora, snacks and refreshments open
2:30 pm - Zumba Warmup by Movimiento Fitness & Wellness
2:45 pm – Opening Ceremony & Ribbon-cutting
3:00 pm – 3 mile walk begins
5:00 pm - Walk and all festivities end
We encourage you to arrive early (before 3:00 pm) to enjoy the sponsors and activities.
The walk is rain or shine.
Calf Pasture Beach
Calf Pasture Beach Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
There is plenty of free parking at Calf Pasture Beach. Please tell the parking attendant that you are attending the Walk to
End Lupus Now and there will not be a charge to park.
Pasture Beach Regulations:
are not permitted
unless they are service dogs and are wearing the appropriate jacket. There is a $100 fine for anyone seen with a
dog on premise from the City of Norwalk and this is enforced.
- Please refrain from bringing any glass
items or glass bottles on Walk day as they are not permitted.
- Drones are not permitted
CT-Norwalk will take place next to Ripka’s Beach Café on the grassy area as
shown on the site map below:
- Our permitted walk route starts from Calf Pasture Beach and continues around Shady Beach and loops
back around the parking lot and back to Calf Pasture Beach. Walkers will complete
the route twice to complete the full 3 miles.
- Stay on the sidewalks to the best of
- The route is approximately 3
miles. You may turn around at any point.
- Students from the New Canaan
Theatre group will be cheering our
walkers along the route. Please respect the volunteers directing traffic on the
- There will be along the 3 mile route.
- There are bathrooms located at Calf
Pasture Beach and Shady Beach with handicap accessibility.
Registration & Donations:
- Please check in at the Registration area when you first arrive to turn in any donations.
- Registration is open on Walk day - if you need to register that morning, please stop by the Registration Tent first to fill out a registration form.
- Donations will be accepted on-site by cash, check payable to the Lupus Foundation of America, and credit card. Please print and bring this donation/registration form to the walk so your donations are properly credited to your fundraising page. We will have additional forms available at the walk.
- Please note, if you register online on October 19, 2019 after 5 pm, your registration may not be on our check-in list on walk day but you can fill out a registration form when you arrive. Thank you for your understanding.
- Registered walkers who raised $100 or more will earn the walk t-shirt (donations must be credited to the Walker individually - one t-shirt per registered walker).
- Registered walkers who raise $1,000 or more will earn a medal and a t-shirt.
- T-shirts and medals my be picked up in the Registration Tent. All other prizes will be sent by mail about 6 weeks after the Walk. See all fundraising prizes here
There are several great booths at the
walk including the kid's zone, the shade tent, the Lupus Foundation of America
resources tent as well as refreshments from Stop & Shop, ShopRite, Trader
Joe’s, PopCorners, YumEarth, and Walter Stewart’s Market. Our generous sponsors will also
host on-site booths visit them for information, giveaways and great activities. Representatives from GlaxoSmithKline, Yale New Haven Health, Fairfield Family Health, and WEBE 108 will be at the Walk, be sure to stop by their booth to say hello!
Get your team picture taken by our
wonderful volunteer photographers: Chris Hann, Dina
Messina, Bruce Anderson, and Serendipity Magazine.
Share your experience on social media using #WTELNCTNORWALK. Connect on
our Instagram page @lfa_northeast or in our WTELN CT-Norwalk Facebook group.
thanks to our awesome volunteers for volunteering their time
to ensure a great day!
Thank you to our Generous Corporate Sponsors